Support the Inc
Ways of Giving to the Inc.
We are grateful for whatever amount – big or small – that you wish to donate to the Inc., but should you want to make a more substantial or long-term investment, here are some ways you can direct your donation:
Support the Inc. by sponsoring one or more of our exhibitions:
- Cannon Gallery Exhibition: $2000.
- Cannon Street Wall: $2000.
- James Street North Member’s Gallery Exhibition: $500.
- James Street North Project Wall: $500.
You will be acknowledged on our prominent wall of supporters; you will be acknowledged in all print and web material associated with the exhibition you support; and you will receive a charitable tax receipt.
Support the Inc. by sponsoring an artist talk or workshop:
You will be acknowledged in all print and web material associated with the event you supported; and you will receive a charitable tax receipt.
Help the Inc. continue to make History:
As one of the first artist-run centres in Canada, founded in 1975, the Inc. was as an arena for artists to exhibit artwork and meet with their peers to promote art production in the City of Hamilton.
Throughout it’s almost forty years, the Inc. has defined a regional dialogue within a national and international context by presenting challenging contemporary artwork, stimulating critical dialogue and fostering local artist initiatives.
Your support will allow us to build on the history of the arts in Hamilton.
Help the Inc. realize its Mandate and Objectives:
Hamilton Artists Inc. is committed to the presentation of contemporary art and related practices. The Inc. facilitates critical dialogue surrounding issues in contemporary art through exhibitions, publication, performances and public events. The Inc. actively engages in community arts programming and educational initiatives that represent the breadth and depth of cultural life in our city and beyond.
The Inc. is dedicated to upholding professional standards for artists and pays CARFAC fees for exhibitions and activities presented in and through our main exhibition space. As a member-driven organization, we also provide an accessible and inclusive forum to address the social and professional needs of artists through workshops, lectures and our dedicated Members’ Gallery and Resource Centre.
With your support we can meet our Objectives:
- To remain a prime destination for Contemporary Art in Southern Ontario.
- To establish a bilingual publication programme.
- To be responsive to evolving Contemporary Art practices through our interdisciplinary presentation spaces — Cannon Gallery, Cannon & James Wall Projects, and Inc. Outdoor Courtyard.
- To support and empower artistic experimentation, research, and expanded art practices.
- To develop and support platforms for critical discourse.
- To foster collaborative partnerships with organizations and institutions, whose aims reflect and complement or challenge our vision.
- To provide opportunities for learning and engagement for visitors and viewing audience.
- To provide and champion engaging learning and professional opportunities to local and regional community audiences.