Hamilton Artists Inc is guided by a series of objectives, which help shape the mandate and vision, direct policies, and drive programming and community activities.
Short and long-term goals are set for each programme and are designed to meet objectives and activities, which are evaluated regularly to maintain relevance within national dialogues and engage audiences.
Hamilton Artists Inc’s objectives are categorized and met through:
Artistic Advancement; Audience Development and Retention; Organizational Leadership and Innovation; Community and Education Outreach
Hamilton Artists Inc (The Inc) is committed to the presentation of contemporary art and related cultural practices. The Inc facilitates a national dialogue surrounding issues in contemporary art through exhibitions, publications, performances, education and outreach projects. The Inc actively engages in community arts programming and educational initiatives that represent the cultural life in our city and beyond.
The Inc is dedicated to upholding professional standards for artists and pays CARFAC fees for exhibitions and activities presented in and through our main exhibition space. As a member-driven organization, we also provide an accessible and inclusive forum to address the social and professional needs of artists through workshops, lectures and our dedicated Members’ Gallery and Resource Centre.
- To become a prime destination for Contemporary Art in Southern Ontario.
- To establish a bilingual publication programme.
- To be responsive to evolving Contemporary Art practices through our interdisciplinary presentation spaces — Cannon Gallery, Cannon & James Wall Projects, and Inc Outdoor Courtyard.
- To support and empower artistic experimentation, research, and expanded art practices.
- To develop and support platforms for critical discourse.
- To foster collaborative partnerships with organizations and institutions, whose aims reflect and complement or challenge our vision.
- To provide opportunities for learning and engagement for visitors and viewing audiences.
- To provide and champion engaging learning and professional opportunities to local and regional community audiences.